Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Who Needs Sleep? (old entry)

Another old post to show my raiding schedule insanity during MoP and Throne of Thunder...

Sleep?  I’ll sleep when I am……dead done raiding

I am self-proclaimed wow obsessed, more than that, I am healer obsessed.  With 3 raiding healers and 2 ToT normal ready healers, it can easily be said that I have severe problems and should seek help immediately, unfortunately when I did seek help, Thrall told me to go do Battlefield Barrens and how could I deny the REAL warchief?!  So, I started farming mobs, hey, it is better than dailies….
In game, I am the official Raid Leader of 2 Masochistic Tendencies raid teams, Team Moist and Team Reborn and on an alliance raid team on Draenor in the guild Palidrons.
I started really thinking about where I am in game and what commitments I have made and decided it was time to get it on paper and then to share.  So, here it is in table format.

Day Tues Wed Thurs Friday Sat Sun Mon
Time OFF 930-12am 930-12am 1130-2am 1130-2am 10-12am 930-12am
Team n/a Team Moist Team Moist Palidrons guild on Draenor Palidrons guild on Draenor Team Reborn Team Reborn
Class n/a Paladin Paladin Shaman Shaman Priest  Priest
Spec n/a Holy Holy Resto Resto Disc Disc
Hours of Raid 0 2.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 2 2.5
Hours of Sleep 5-6 5-6 5-6 4-5 4-5 5-6 5-6

Total hours in raid a week = 14.5 hours
Total hours of sleep in a week = 33 – 40 hours
Total hours in game a week = I really don’t want to know…

Add this schedule to a wow hating wife, a 4 year old boy, a 1 year old boy, a cat, and a 40 hour a week job and it’s a party!  I guess this post should be renamed to “addicted” rather than “sleep” as the undertone.
Ironically, I don’t feel a bit of burnout and on Tuesday, my night off, I get bored within an hour of logging on and am annoyed that I cannot find a pug on the dead Uldaman server (praying 5.4 fixes that!)
Recently, I spent time in LFR learning/mastering, or trying to at least, the art of fistweaving.  Certainly, different than attonement, but fun and different enough to be new and a very good compliment to the “easy” monk healing rotation.   I can’t deny the fact that punching things in the taint and healing while doing it feels really good.  I just need to remember to keep the damn jade statue 20 yds from raiders.  It was the last thing I wasn’t knowledgeable on in the healing category so I started to work on it in my spare time.  I am still working it out to get better at it where it becomes natural and part of my muscle memory as attonement healing does.  If I had to choose, disc priests tend to be my favorite healing class/spec right now, though changes to resto shaman are exciting and I love the 5.x changes thus far even if it is a touch underpowered in 10 man.

Also, I recently started subscribing and listening to a number of WOW podcasts and am actively watching the PTR patch notes almost daily for changes.  For podcasts I am a big fan of CTR and Legendary and recently My Epic Heals.  I even sent My Epic Heals an email to see if I could somehow contribute as someone with 3 raiding healers with full clears on all 3 with some boss tips for each class.   They will probably ignore me and tell me to goto bed and get some sleep.
Anyway, so, what is a standard day for me?  Let’s pretend it is Wednesday, Team Moist raid night # 1.
    1. Wake up at 6 am
    2. Make morning pee-pee
    3. Pack 3 bottles for the 1 year old
    4. Make coffee for myself
    5. Feed yogi the cat who is meowing as if he’s never been fed and rubbing up on my legs (feels good, I can’t lie)
    6. Wake the 1 year old, change diaper, pray he didn’t shit himself, stick him in his carrier, turn on TV to Nick Jr
    7. Wake the 4 year old, pry him out of bed as every answer is NO, help him get dressed, lay him on couch to watch Nick Jr with 1 year old until I am ready
    8. Lay out my clothes for work
    9. Brush teeth and shower
    10. Get dressed
    11. Pack car with bags and coffee and work laptop
    12. Start car and turn AC or heat on
    13. Set alarm, turn tv off, grab kids
    14. In car by 7:15-7:30 am
    15. 7:30 am-7:45 am, arrive at my parents house (aka grandparent daycare), drop kids off
    16. Drive 1 hour and 15 mins to work
    17. Listen to podcasts on way to work
    18. Arrive at work by 8:30 am
    19. Work til 11:30ish am
    20. Get lunch, surf MT forum, formulate strats, check logs, whatever, but 90% of the time, wow related
    21. 12:30ish, get back to work
    22. Leave work at 5 pm
    23. Listen to podcasts on way home from work
    24. Home by 5:45-6pm
    25. Feed kids
    26. Help bathe kids
    27. Play with kids
    28. Kids in bed by 8pm
    29. Optional:  watch an episode of Sons of Anarchy or Dexter with wife (all nights except Wed/Thurs)
    30. I go downstairs to my dungeon and logon
    31. Raid
    32. Come back upstairs to bed
    33. Optional:   Think of alternate boss strat if applicable
    34. Ask wife if she wants to make a baby
      (She always says no)
    35. I then sing, “sweet dreams, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite”
    36. Wife twitches and gets mad
      (I smile)
    37. Sleep for 5-6 hours
    38. Pray 1 year old stays asleep all night
    39. Dream of killing Heroic Lei Shen
    40. BBBEEEPPPP, alarm, its 6 am
    41. Rinse Repeat….

No comments:

Post a Comment